Alexander_BuhrenMarco Alexander Bühren, Master in Management 2015 Alumni, currently works for Roland Berger.

How did you find out about this job opportunity?

I was looking for the big strategy consulting firms and saw the job offer in the Career Portal of Roland Berger. Prior to that, I had spoken with a friend of mine formerly working for Roland Berger, who told me that RB is hiring..

How did the CMC and your IE experience help you during the recruiting process?

Besides the classroom learnings, IE provided me with a multicultural environment that I could leverage upon in the interviews. Further, I had the opportunity to practice case studies with classmates also interested in consulting. CMC helped me to schedule a practice case interview via interviewbay and adviced me which offer to choose.

How was the recruiting process: stages, tests, interviews, etc?

After I sent my application, I got an invite within two weeks. I was invited to the Munich office, where I had one case interview – how to restructure a company. An interview analysing the personal fit with Roland Berger and consulting in general and finally an analytical test. After lunch, more than half of the applicants with whom I was in the process in the morning had to leave. The afternoon consisted of a group case, where we analyzed opportunities for a Bavarian airline.

The next day, I got a feedback call and was informed that I made it into a final partner round. In this partner round, I had three partner interviews with partners from the Competence Center I had applied for. After the third interview, I already received an offer to join RB as a Consultant.

Would you want to share any tips, advice with current student interested in applying to this company?

As Roland Berger is famous for its restructuring practice, a sound knowledge of accouting/finance is definitely helpful. For the teamcase, I would advice everyone to bring in one’s strengths, not being too shy but also not being too dominant. Last but not least, don’t forget to practice cases with different case buddies and also prepare for the common questions about your CV/ background.

Follow us!

Instagram @ieBusiness @MIMExperience #ieMIM #goBeyond #LifeatIE #ieExperience

Twitter @ieBusiness 

Facebook IE MIM Experience #ieMIM #LifeatIE

19 thoughts on “Success Stories: Marco Alexander Bühren at Roland Berger

1. Great to hearing from short interview about graduation of IE that working on big company. Good suggestion to current students who will go same way how to find great job and good position. IE is best university for great easy job for graduation students.

2. Pensionati-felici-600Per i pensionati INPS, la soluzione più semplice e conveniente per ottenere liquidità, è rappresentata dalla cessione del quinto. Il percorso per accedervi è facile e veloce.
    http://www.chiediprestito.it
    confronta prestiti online

3. It is showed that IE can set everywhere around the world either medium or big company will meet the demand. Since i read almost blog of IE with their program and great plan each step, i would like to read all the every blog they publishing. it is good effect also to our business. The interview is really inspiring for current student to support them in qualification.

4. Nice blog thanks for posting this post..

5. Hjhj i truly love your blog .keep write more and more your blog is very great to me.however this post is not good ^_^

6. Nests are ingredients are high in protein and minerals are essential for the body, it can be used to nourish and recharge very good, especially in the elderly and malnourished children. In addition, bird nest containing threonine is formed elastine and collagene quality of skin, not aging.
    Talking about the use of oats surely everyone knows the nests are 18 kinds of amino acid, glycoprotein structure, high energy, helps the body to easily absorb. The macro elements, trace the nests are abundant, there are 31 elements necessary minerals to the body, helping to stabilize the nervous system and memory.

Nests also have the ability to clean the lungs and respiratory organs, reduces the symptoms of flu and diung, increased body weight, balance the metabolic processes in the body, enhance physical activity power and nerve reflexes, increases the number of red blood cells, hemoglobin, decrease blood clotting time, increase the stimulation of the growth of the cells, restores the damaged cells, anti-aging, healing spring, increased lifespan.

7. I have heard of blogs and kind of know what they are. My question is what do you write on a blog, like stuff thats on your mind or just whatever? And what websites can i logon to to start blogs?.

8. Thanks meant for delivering such amazing content material.

9. This is great success story because I know this story offers great motivation tips.

10. I notice your sites are having some great success stories which is great motivational booster

11. Success Stories are great motivational boost for students and many teachers.

12. Marco Alexander is the great person and I am very happy for his success.

13. Marco Alexander is the best person and I meet with him personally.

14. Talking about the use of oats surely everyone knows the nests are 18 kinds of amino acid, glycoprotein structure, high energy, helps the body to easily absorb. The macro elements, trace the nests are abundant, there are 31 elements necessary minerals to the body, helping to stabilize the nervous system and memory.