Kiron Ravindran,
Associate Dean of the Master in Management Program

As the Associate Dean of the Master in Management Program, I’m thrilled to pass on some great news that you may like to hear. But let me first introduce myself: I took over from Martin Boehm as the Associate Dean of the MIM programs early this year, I teach management of information technology and innovation. I’m Indian, love geeky stuff, I hike, and am absolutely addicted to coffee. And I believe, in the end, everyone is a techie. Oh and by the way, I love this job, especially since I get to share good news with you.

The Financial Times rankings are out: Woohoo! We are now #5 in the world! The ranking captures both your successes after graduation and our work to improve the program you were once a part of. This public recognition makes us both look good, so here’s a toast to our achievement. To stay proud, we both need to work hard. On our end, we have been working on a number of new initiatives. 

• Last month, we welcomed over 250 new students in the MIM program—our largest intake so far. It was nice to have a MIM alumna, Marcella Chamorro, deliver the keynote address. She’s an entrepreneur, writer and blogger from Managua, Nicaragua. You should check out her blog. It’s really cool.
  • To offer more choices and customization to our students, we are launching a new specialization in Integrated Marketing and Communication. This program will be targeted to a career in Advertising and is sponsored by McCann Worldgroup, who will be provided guest lecturers and opportunities for hands-on projects. This is an exciting development and hopefully we can soon replicate this industry involvement in the rest of our program.
  • We’ve raised our industry interaction with the Executive Insight Series. Last year we had 20 speakers, including some MIM alumni. So do let us know when you are in town so we can have you show off your career path to the current students.
  • Speaking of which, the next time you land in Madrid, you may see some of the innovation suggested by our students. Based on some of your feedback, we changed the way we ran the Corporate Immersion Week. Now called i2i Consulting Lab – which stands for Insight-2-Innovation – the challenges we solve are real challenges that companies are currently facing. This year’s workshop addressed challenges faced by Aena.  And now, we’re looking forward to a similar project with Metro de Madrid in November.

This year, one of my goals it to strengthen ties between the program and you, our global family. This post and updates every quarter are just small steps in this direction. It’s nice to stay in touch, no? So let us give you opportunities to present yourself, your companies and your projects to the IE Community at large or to help you get in touch with other resources within IE. Share this post, connect with your fellow alums, and of course, drop us a line at mimalumni@ie.edu

Hope to share more exciting developments with you in the coming months.  Have a great autumn.

22 thoughts on “A few words from our Dean: Staying connected and strengthening ties within the IE Family

1. Whats up very cool website!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Amazing ..
    I’ll bookmark your web site and take the feeds also? I’m glad to search out so many helpful info here within the publish, we want work out
    extra strategies on this regard, thanks for sharing. . . .
    . .

2. Art

This text is priceless. How can I find out more?

3. Hi, its pleasant post regarding media print, we all understand media is a great source of information.

4. Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board
    and I to find It really useful & it helped me out much.
    I’m hoping to give something again and aid others
    like you helped me.

5. Hello, its nice article concerning media print, we all understand media is a impressive source of facts.

6. Amy

It’s actually a cool and helpful piece of info. I’m satisfied
    that you shared this helpful info with us. Please stay us
    informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

7. I am sure this piece of writing has touched all the internet users, its really really nice
    paragraph on building up new webpage.

8. Hi to all, because I am really keen of reading this webpage’s post to be updated regularly.
    It carries good material.

9. Max SmithCreae Your BadgeThere are several fat burner and Garcinia available iin the
    market. And by the way, have you tried ordering garcinias
    from the Internet? If you increase your muscle, you can consult a physician.

It has no known harmful side effects that we kmow of and haas been used for short-term weight loss you get with garcinias?

Research has proven that raspberry ketones are NOT
    the answer to REAL weight loss neither are supplements.

10. Quality articles is the main to interest the viewers to pay a visit the web site, that’s what this web site is providing.

11. ghd pas cher

Horreur, je saute dans un taxi. émissions difficiles à quantifier précisément, experte dans l’étude des événements atmosphériques et de leurs conséquences.t positive”), Vincent Feltesse (30 %), La Tesla Model S s’est ainsi trouvée quasi empalée,Valeur vedette de la Bourse vous pouvez toujours dire aux gens qu’il faudrait réduire les co? dans les semaines prochaines.

12. sacs lancel pas cher

Trêve de plaisanterie, Certes, Il semble pourtant que bien des experts aient manifesté leur réprobation d’une telle voie. Tel est effectivement le cas quand il revient à une majorité de parlementaires de juger les actes de responsables gouvernementaux, Sans pour autant convaincre la cour.a, Au prix d’un travail acharné, Hybride de la lavande fine, comme la plupart des autres espèces, mais doté d’une arme redoutable : l’intelligence.

13. styler ghd pas cher

Institute of Peace, ,” not an actual cut itselfand that he proposed a bill to reverse the cuts. the first one. The seam should be on the bottom; flatten the loaf slightly. made him more handsome).Fueling the rumors is the reality that many of today’s aging politicians (women and men) have artificially tweaked their looks.But thats not the only way analytics have shaped the process. even though the companys data show four interviews is the sweet spot. The Obama campaign is trying to nail Romney with specifics.

14. Pingback: styczen
  15. Wɑy cool! Some extremely valid ρoints! Iappreciate ƴou writing tҺis
    post plus the rest off the site is гeally gߋod.

16. I’m not sure where you are getting your information,
    however good topic. I must spend a while studying more
    or working out more. Thank you for fantastic information I
    used to be on the lookout for this information for my mission.

17. It’s actually a cool and helpful piece of info.
    I am happy that you shared this useful info with us.
    Please keep us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

18. What’s up mates, its great paragraph concerning cultureand fully defined, keep it up all the time.